|Show/Hide Hidden Text|
Click on the title `SM7 Connector` to define the action within HP Service Manager 7.
|•||Method: Select the action to be performed by the adapter. Choose before you continue.|
- Create Interaction: With this method new Interactions can be created.
- Create Incident : With this method new Incidents can be created.
- Create Change : With this method new Changes can be created.
- Create Task : With this method new Tasks can be created.
- Update Interaction: With this method new Interactions can be updated.
- Update Incident : With this method new Incidents can be updated.
- Update Change : With this method new Changes can be updated.
- Update Task : With this method new Tasks can be updated.
Choose a previous process step to link the new item to. For example if you want to link an Interaction to an Incident, select the Interaction process step here when defining the Incident
This option is used if SM7 automatically creates a Change or Incident that is linked to the Interaction that was created by SM7
When a type is selected here, the related item will be available on the Process Step detail form. If for example an interaction is related to an incident, users will see by default the interaction number, but with this option, also the incident number can be displayed and made accessible for viewing the details.
Available Fields : The list with available fields displays all fields provided by the adapter for mapping into the external system. To add fields for mapping, select 1 or multiple fields from the list and click the ADD button. The selected fields will be displayed like below and can be used for value mapping.
The mapped value can consist out of free text, form values and process values. In the example below the value #REPLACE-FORMFIELD-Short Description# is mapped to the Description field. This means that the Form that triggers this process, should have a field with Internal Label Short Description defined.
- To simplify the definition of the value to map into the external system, please make use of the Drop-Down boxes beneath the value definition.
1. Current Step : this lists the possible values from this step. When selected, click on to enter this variable into the text.
You will see #REPLACE-STEP-LINK-click here#. The signs # indicate that a dynamic parameter is added. You can freely cut & paste this on another position. The following dynamic parameters are available:
'Link to Step' will fill in a direct link towards this ticket into SSP 7.
Actor's User Data, which is a list of all the define User fields for the current actor of this step. In case multiple actors are defined, the value for each actor separated by comma or displayed.
2. Form field : the selection list shows all current forms in SSP 7. When a form is selected, the second list will refresh and show all fields of that form. Select any field and click on .
Please note that you will see the internal label that was defined with the field in the mapping. If you are using multiple forms with 1 process, make sure that these forms have similar internal labels to make the mapping of the value into this text work.
Please note that for datastore parameters the fields indicated as "Value Fields to send to workflow" are displayed beneath the Field. If you want to use additional fields, please go to the form definition and select more fields to send to the workflow.
3. Previously Entered Field : this lists all fields that are entered in other steps within the same process. When selected, click on to enter this variable into the text.
The following information is available:
For action steps, all form fields are available to use as variable
For adapter steps, all values related to the item created in that step are available. These fields are displayed in the third drop down list.
For approval steps, all approval votes and comments are available
Please ensure that you only use fields from previous steps. If you select a value from a following step, this will result in an empty value.
4. Process : this lists some general fields of the current process. When selected, click on to enter this variable into the text.
The following information is available:
All User Data of the requestor is available
All User Data of the requested for person is available
The SSP ticket number is available
The Process Log is available
The summary of all form fields that triggered the process.
5. External Apps : this lists all information available in the process from an external application that triggered the process. When selected, click on to enter this variable into the text.
Use the button to save the changes, or use the button to discard any changes.