Another type of step is an Approval Step.
This step sends an email to an Actor for approval. The approval by the Actor is given by completing 2 predefined approval fields in the SSP 7 approval form:
The following are the approval form fields:
- Decision, showing 2 options : 'I accept' & 'I decline', presented in radio buttons
- Comments : text area, required in case of decline.
Other possible actions:
- Delegate: by clicking the icon, the Actor may delegate his task to one of his Delegates defined under My Profile.
- Request additional info: by clicking theicon, the Actor may request additional clarification from the requestor.
- Custom actions that are defined under Next Steps
An Approval step can be compared to an Action step, but with these key differences:
- The approval form can't be customized. The approval form will always consist of a decision and comments field. In case more fields are required, please make use of an action step.
- A 'Declined' notification email is sent when the Actor rejects the request.
- When the Actor rejects the request the ticket will be closed.
- When there are more than 1 approver defined, the number of approvers required for an overall approval needs to be set.
An Approval Step is added by clicking on in the Edit Steps tab of a process and defining the step type as an Approval step.
The following sections describes the creation of Approval Steps.