The matrix Product x Role // Standard is used to rapidly set which Products are available or not versus the different Roles set up in SSP. This matrix is not required, there is an alternative to set the availability versus the Countries, instead of the Roles.
The Roles are shown horizontally, the Products ( Main Products, Options & Accessories) are listed on the left, grouped by their Product Category. The intersection either displays one of 5 colors:
- Blue : Always select : This Product is the pre-selected value for this Role
- Green : Standard : this Product is available for this Role
- Yellow : non-standard : this Product is available for this Role, but is not standard. This means that they are listed separate, an additional text is displayed on the checkout page, and the value is sent over o the Process, and might trigger additional approval, if set up in the Process.
- Red : not available : this Product is not shown to this Role
- Grey : No value yet : this is the default setting, when the matrix is not used before. Upon initial upload, the standard value (green) is selected.
The matrix, as shown on-screen, is for overview only, you can not make edits on-screen.
To edit the matrix, use the import & export function :
Use the button 'EXPORT TO EXCEL' to export the current matrix to MS Excel. When the file is ready, you an choose to open or save it.
Please note that you need to save it as a Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet, and not as a Webpage or Office Excel 2007 ( .xlsx) format.
This matrix has a Conversion table below. This table helps you to enter the correct values in Excel. For this matrix, enter these values in Excel:
Edit the Excel sheet in MS Excel, then upload it to SSP, using the BROWSE and IMPORT buttons. When the Excel file is uploaded it is processed immediately, there is no need for an extra save action.
If there are errors, they are shown clearly on top of the screen, for example:
Optionally, you can choose to lock the matrix. The name of the Administrator who locked the matrix is shown and only that person can unlock it again. This functionality prohibits the event that 2 or more Administrators are working on the same matrix at the same, with the risk of overwriting each other's changes.
|•||Cancel : disregards any changes and returns you to the list of all Matrices.|