When Editing a Product Category, the sections are displayed below the list of Categories. You can define general settings and a set of Fields, that are shown when a Product is selected from this Product Category. The questions are shown on the Shopping Basket-tab. The sections are:
1. Category Details
|•||Show As : Define how the Products within this Category are listed : Radiobuttons (only 1 Product can then be selected within this Product Category ), Checkbox list ( Multiple items can be selected ) or Quantity ( a text box in front of every product allows the User to enter the desired amount).|
Typical usages are:
- Radiobutton : to define distinct options, like hard disk space when setting up a computer
- Checkbox : to define non-distinct options, like additional hardware for a computer
- Quantity : for example to order office equipment, that is ordered in large quantities
|•||Contents : When the box is checked, this Product Category serves as a container, where all Products, marked as an Accessory are listed by default. This Product Category is shown on the product selection tab, when activated using the Order Type.|
|•||Live on application : check this box to make this Product Category visible to Users|
|•||Title & Description : Enter the title & short introduction text in each language, as defined in SSP.|
2. Category Information
This Formbuilder allows you to enter a list of Fields, that are shown when a Product is selected from this Product Category. The questions are shown on the Shopping Basket-tab.
This Formbuilder is similar to the end-user Formbuilder ( see Topic : Forms ) with certain limitations . The following list describes the limitations:
- List of available simple fields are limited to : Text Box (single line), Text Area (Multiple lines), Radio Button (yes/no), Upload File, Date Field
- List of available Selection fields are limited to : Drop down, Checkboxes, Radiobuttons
- no Sections, hidden fields, display only fields, cascading drop downs or headers can be added.
- no Input Masks can be applied
- To set if a field is required, there is an additional option ( next to 'Yes' & 'No') : Yes with non-standard options selected. When this last option is selected, the question is required when non-standard options are selected.
The columns present in the form table are:
|•||Label: The Label of the default language|
|•||Type: The selected type of the Field|
|•||Required: Options: Yes, No, Yes with non-standard options selected|
|•||Live: is the field visible for users|
|•||Order: Set the order of the Fields|
|•||Action: Delete & Edit action buttons|
Click on '+ ADD FIELD' to add a new Field to the list.
For details on using the Formbuilder refer to the Formbuilder for End-user forms. Follow this guide but be aware of the limitations as previously described in this section.
|•||Cancel : disregards any changes and returns you to the list of all Shops.|
|•||OK : Saves any changes and returns you to the list of all Shops.|
|•||Save : Saves any changes but remains on the current page.|